Sunday, August 10, 2014

Quarantine: The Burnouts YA

This is a really exciting book, it moves fast and will keep you up way past your bed time (it did me).  I have to admit I am a little behind the curve because I haven't read the first two books, but it didn't seem to matter, when I got sucked into book three, it had enough information to catch me up.  Although, I can't wait to go back and catch up.  This book is fast paced, and action packed, David, Will, and Lucy will keep you on your toes and entertained all though out this book, this is a great book and I am guessing if book three is this awesome books one and two have to be even better.
Akin to Lord of the Flies and Hunger Games, this book is set in a 21st century high school, McKinley High School, is the home to several gangs that are all locked in the school, military quarantined to be exact.  Due to a deadly virus that makes the kids deadly to adults until the virus runs its course and the kids die or graduate and are cleared of the virus and can finally leave the school.
I really liked this book and find it hard to believe that this is the end of the series with the cliffhanger of the last part of this book, we shall see I guess.  This is a YA book but its violence is along the likes of Hunger Games, so you will have to gage your readability from there, it does get pretty gruesome at times.

41/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment