Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Granted (MG)

Have you ever wished upon a star, a birthday candle, a coin thrown into a fountain, or a on a wishbone broken?  Did it come true?  Did you follow the rules?  Oh yes my friend there are rules to wish making, first and foremost is you can't tell anyone your wish, but there are others as you will find out later in the book, and granters (fairies that grant wishes) have to know them all, and  Ophelia Delphinium Fidgets, a young fairy granter does know them all and everything there is to know about granting a wish.  You see Ophelia has been waiting about a year for her first assignment, her very first wish granting.  But when it comes not everything quite goes as planned, and granting a wish is a bit harder than just throwing some fairy dust on something and saying some magic words.
This is another awesome book by author John David Anderson about diversity and friendship despite hardship and differences.  I love how he can bring the eclectic of characters together and have it all workout in the end.  Don't get me wrong there are sad and funny parts mixed in but things seem to work there way out even when they look bleak at times, and that is nice.  Sam had to be  my favorite character and wanted to take him home myself from the beginning, but I am glad I didn't, thank you Mr. Anderson from me for Sam.  This was a great book and I hope it answers a lot of wishes, I hope it answers mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment